South Jersey Residents Celebrate Audubon Native’s Super Bowl Appearance
While we usually focus on legal news and issues here at our DeMichele & DeMichele blog, the Super Bowl is upon us and this year’s world championship game features a member of our firm’s local South Jersey community:
Baltimore Ravens Quarterback Joe Flacco.
Our Haddon Heights (Camden County) office borders the tiny South Jersey municipality of Audubon where Flacco was born and raised and, throughout the past two weeks, we’ve seen local businesses and organizations find creative ways to honor the Super Bowl quarterback with signs, banners and an unusual amount of Baltimore Ravens swag for a part of the world where Philadelphia Eagles green typically dominates the landscape.
As you might expect, media coverage has been relatively intense for this classic American small town suburb. National and regional media outlets have visited Audubon High School where Joe Flacco got his start on the gridiron and journalists have interviewed other individuals who’ve known Flacco since he was just a kid playing touch football.
Here are several other Flacco/South Jersey-related news links for you to check out between now and Sunday night’s big game:
- “Joe Flacco Reflects on High School Days” (USA Today)
- “Super Bowl XLVII: Joe Flacco’s Jersey Roots keep him humble before biggest game of his life” (The Newark Star-Ledger)
- “Joe Flacco’s Former Coach, Mark Deal, Knew Baltimore Ravens Quarterback Would Succeed” (The Newark Star-Ledger)
- “Joe Flacco’s Legend Was Born in High School” (USA Today)
- “Video: Audubon’s Joe Flacco Super Bowl Bound” (Philadelphia 6-ABC)